On September 9, the eagerly anticipated two-day Delhi G20 Summit 2023 is scheduled to get underway at Delhi’s Bharat Mandapam in Pragati Maidan. Heads of state and government, eminent delegates from various G20 member countries, as well as invitees, will attend this international event. The Summit promises to be a significant forum for international discussions with a notable lineup of attendees that includes US President Joe Biden, UK PM Rishi Sunak, Japanese PM Fumio Kishida, Canadian PM Justin Trudeau, and Saudi Arabia King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.
Delhi G20 Summit 2023
Delhi is prepared to host world leaders and dignitaries for two days of productive discussions, deliberations, and collaborations as the G20 Summit draws near. The city is ready to provide a favourable environment for the Summit’s success with its preparations, which include the closure of government offices and educational institutions, increased security measures, and traffic restrictions. The occasion promises to support the development of international relations, the advancement of global policies, and the resolution of urgent issues.
- RBI Assistant Notification 2023
- SBI Clerk Notification 2023
- SSC MTS Result 2023
- Tap to Check Admit Card Updates
- Tap to View Exam Updates
It’s critical for locals and visitors to know how the upcoming G20 Summit in Delhi will affect daily life as the world prepares for it. For this important event, which will take place in the nation’s capital from September 9 to 10, heads of state and dignitaries from 20 of the biggest economies in the world will gather there. The Delhi Traffic Police has released a thorough advisory in order to guarantee a smooth and successful summit. Here are the things you need to know to successfully navigate the summit period.
Delhi G20 2023 Summit Overview
- Dates and Venue: The G20 Summit will take place over two days, starting from September 9 at Bharat Mandapam in Delhi’s Pragati Maidan.
- Distinguished Attendees: Heads of state, government representatives, and delegates from G20 member countries and invitees will gather in Delhi for the Summit.
Delhi G20 2023 Summit Preparations and Impact
- Government Office and Educational Closures: In preparation for the Summit, the Delhi government has issued orders to close all government offices and educational institutions located in the city. This measure aims to ensure the smooth conduct of the event and facilitate necessary arrangements.
- Enhanced Security Measures: Security has been significantly intensified across the city to ensure the safety of participants and residents during the Summit period.
- Traffic Restrictions: In light of the Summit, major traffic restrictions have been put in place to manage the flow of traffic and ensure the security of the event.
Delhi G20 2023 Summit Guests
- US President Joe Biden: The G20 Summit is set to host the participation of US President Joe Biden, representing one of the world’s most influential economies.
- UK PM Rishi Sunak: UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak is among the prominent leaders expected to attend the Summit.
- Canadian PM Justin Trudeau: Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will also be part of the distinguished group of attendees.
- Japanese PM Fumio Kishida: Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida’s presence adds to the significance of the Summit’s discussions.
- Saudi Arabian King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud: The participation of Saudi Arabian King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud underscores the international importance of the Summit.
Summit G20 2023 Traffic Restrictions and Accessibility
- Restricted Zones: Starting from the night of September 7, the New Delhi area where the summit will take place will be inaccessible. This includes the New Delhi District, which will be under restricted entry and exit.
- Closure of Establishments: On September 8, all establishments such as offices, restaurants, malls, and markets in New Delhi will be closed. The Supreme Court will also remain closed on that day.
- Entry for Residents: People residing in the area will be allowed entry and exit. However, those coming from outside the area will require special passes.
Delhi 2023 Summit G20 Vehicle Regulations
- Diversions for Non-Destined Vehicles: Non-destined vehicles will be diverted towards Eastern and Western Peripheral Expressways and alternative routes. These vehicles will not be allowed to enter Delhi.
- Goods Vehicles: Heavy and light goods vehicles won’t be allowed into Delhi, except for those carrying essential commodities like milk, vegetables, fruits, and medical supplies.
- Metro and Bus Services: Metro and bus services will operate during the summit but with certain restrictions.
- Emergency Services: Medical emergency vehicles will not be stopped, and a dedicated ambulance assistance control room will be operational during the summit.
Transport Options In Delhi Summit G20
- Autorickshaws, and Taxis: Three-seater rickshaws (TSRs) and taxis will be allowed on road networks outside the New Delhi District. Taxis carrying tourists will be permitted to enter the district if they show valid hotel bookings. Essential service providers, authorised vehicles, and bonafide residents need to carry identity documents.
- Buses: Buses already present in Delhi will operate on designated routes, and buses present within Delhi will be allowed to exit.
Visit Rajneetug2021 Homepage.