Sargi is a component of the Karwa Chauth Hindu festival. During the holy Karwa Chauth holiday, many Hindu women fast for their husband’s long life, kindness, and prosperity from sunrise to moonrise. Karwa Chauth is celebrated on Krishna Paksha Chaturthi and takes place in the month of Kartik as per the Hindu lunar calendar. Married women rise before sunrise and eat sargi at dawn to provide a happy life for their husbands. In reality, this sargi is a customary dinner that ladies get from their mothers-in-law. It can take the form of a thali or various culinary items.
Karwa Chauth Sargi
A single-day celebration during which married women don full “solah shringar” wedding gowns. North-West and Central India celebrate the lovely festival of Karwa Chauth. Because it falls on the fourth day following Sharad Purnima, this day is known as a “Chauth.” Call it a custom, or do it out of love for their significant other, but Karwa Chauth is now a unique occasion for all women. Karwa Chauth will be observed this year on Wednesday, November 1.
Women start their days with an event called Sargi on the auspicious day of the Hindu festival Karva Chauth, and they fast for the whole day until they are required to break their fast. After eating Sargi, they begin a fast until they pray and worship the moon. Pre-dawn meals are not just about the food eaten early in the day; they are also about the gifts and blessings a mother-in-law gives her daughter-in-law.
- Karwa Chauth 2023 Date
- Dhanteras 2023 Date
- Billboard Latin Music Awards 2023 Nominees
- Halloween 2023 Date
- Mysore Dasara Procession Tickets
- Phoenix Mall of Asia Opening Date
- Delhi Meerut RRTS Fare
- PS5 Slim Release Date
- Click to Check More Festivals
Karwa Chauth Celebration
Karwa Chauth is celebrated on the fourth day of Kartik month in the Hindu calendar, nine days before Diwali. Karwa Chauth, which has mythological origins, is a significant day in married women’s lives. Married women have traditionally kept this fast in observance of their husbands’ health and longevity. From sunrise until moonrise, they survive without food or drink. Today’s males, however, defy custom and fast for their spouses as well. Not only that, but several young single girls are also moving quickly in the hopes of finding a suitable and devoted husband.
Foods you must add in Sargi
- Pomegranate, Coconut Water, and Dates will reduce your thirst.
- Use protein-mixed items.
- Lacha paratha, Gobhi paratha, or any other type of filled paratha will be good for Sargi.
- Fruits should be a necessary part of Sargi.
- 3 to 4 glasses of water should also be used.
A Few Helpful Karwa Chauth Tips
- Steer clear of sugary foods.
- Eating fried foods high in sugar will make you thirsty. And as your throat becomes dry, you will yearn for water.
- Take a spoon if you must eat mithai as part of your ritual. Another nutritious method of eating paneer mithai or dessert. Or use dates to make Milk Pheni; do not add more sugar.
- Eat a lot of dates, walnuts, and soaked almonds.
- Sip two to three glasses of water. If you have trouble drinking water in the morning, you can also take Nimbu Paani.
- Maintain a busy schedule all day long.
- Eat light, nutrient-rich food instead to restore the body’s depleted energy reserves. After breaking the fast, avoid eating fried food and outside food.
- To replenish any lost fluids during the day, continue drinking three to four glasses of water until you go to bed.
Sargi Thali contains
Karwa Chauth Thali which is traditionally given by the Mother-in-law includes:
Dry fruits: Since they are full of nutrients and will provide you with energy and keep you moving throughout the day, raisins, almonds, cashews, and pistachios are included.
Sweets: It is said to be lucky to eat anything sweet before beginning a task. So, to cheer you up and end the fast on a pleasant note, a small amount of sweets is retained.
Fruits: During the Karwa Chauth vrat, the high water content of fruits will help you stay hydrated. Additionally, their high fiber content will help you feel fuller for longer. Because fiber takes longer to digest, it prevents you from being hungry.
Lightly cooked foods: Generally speaking, lightly cooked foods are made to be both satisfying and healthful. Eating large meals will just make you feel tired and sluggish all day.
Items to stay away from during Karwa Chauth
- Coffee and tea
If you want to prevent becoming acidic, try not to drink tea or coffee.
- Fried and spicy meals
In addition to making you feel heavy and bloated, these will make you thirsty.
Ladies, we hope these pointers are helpful to you and that you enjoy a joyous and healthful Karwa Chauth. Karwa Chauth is a Vrat that bounds a relation between the mother-in-law and Daughter-in-law. Mother-in-law shows happiness and curiosity for a newlywed girl. It also creates affection between husband and wife because a wife only does this Vrat for his husband’s long and prosperous life.
Visit Rajneetug2022 Homepage To Get Relevant Content.